Thursday, August 10, 2006

I'm not lazy, I swear

Even tho I have achieved some things today, I feel the need to defend myself. Heaven knows why. I had been hoping that I'd have all the yarn spun for the Handspun Swap, but nope. I tried spinning from the locks and discovered that that was a very bad idea. So, I pulled out my drum carder and carded up approx 4 oz super fine baby alpaca in "fall colours" and another 4+ oz of painted baby alpaca. Here's the "fall" on the drum:

It took me nearly two hours, but I got all of the fiber carded to my satisfaction. I then sat and spun the "fall" alpaca for about an hour, whilst watching the newest ep of Project Runway (class last night). After the show was over, I really wanted to work on my sox, so I did. But, I forgot to take pix. Sorry.

Mum and I went to Oakway for Mum to get her engagement ring fixed, and I picked up the newest issue of Interweave Knits at Borders. I am a bit disappointed with this issue. It's not really inspired, I guess. Most of the knits wouldn't look good on most people. Oh, well. Also in this piccie, is my copy of the Wedding Ring Shawl packet:


Along with a swatch card. My copy is 383/500, all the pages are numbered and signed. Quite nice. I also like that the packet came with several mini-skeins of appropriate yarn to swatch with, to choose which we like best. I'm leaning towards the wool blends. Kinda cool, all in all.

Mum and I are heading to Portland early tomorrow. G-d help me, I've offered to try driving.

And, thank you everyone for your advise on the POTC swap. I'm still pondering. I just feel so - confused. But, again, thank you. It's nice to hear other people's opinions.

Baci.

Click
& Quack
Recent Posts
  • Subscribe with Bloglines
  • Knit-A-Longs:
    • blogroll:
      random pix
      • www.flickr.com
        This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from fyberduck. Make your own badge here.
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

    I'm a recent graduate of the University of Oregon, a Peace Corps nominee, and trying to knit, spin, and craft up my stash before I get sent off to a foreign country for 2 years.

    Comments:
    some 'props to: