Thursday, March 01, 2007

Sumptuous plans

I am exhausted. Long, long day. A is still sick, and I'm praying that the nausea I'm feeling is just from eating too many hamentashen. Little D and I made 2 dozen hamentashen - triangular filled cookies to celebrate the defeat of Haman (he wore a triangular hat), an ancient Persian who tried to annihilate the Jews. Purim is the celebration of Hadassah (or Ester) a Jewess who defeated Haman with her uncle Mordecai. Since Purim is on Saturday, I volunteered to make hamentashen for little D use. So, here we are making them:


They came out very well, all things considered (I played fast and loose with the recipe). After a disastrous dinner, I finally finished swatching for my next project, the peacock pullover:


And, um, that's it. I'm going to go and sit quietly now. Cross your fingers for me, since my train ride home is tomorrow night...

Labels: , ,


Click
& Quack
Recent Posts
  • Subscribe with Bloglines
  • Knit-A-Longs:
    • blogroll:
      random pix
      • www.flickr.com
        This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from fyberduck. Make your own badge here.
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

    I'm a recent graduate of the University of Oregon, a Peace Corps nominee, and trying to knit, spin, and craft up my stash before I get sent off to a foreign country for 2 years.

    Comments:
    some 'props to: