Saturday, February 17, 2007

meme: nearest book

Because I am so ordered...
1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open the book to page 103.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the next 2 sentences on your blog along with these instructions.
5. Don't you dare dig for that "cool" or "intellectual" book in your closet! I know you were thinking about it! Just pick up whatever is closest. (okay, I kinda cheated, but there was no way I was writing out two lines of lace patterns, the book I grabbed was next to the lace books.)
6. Tag five people. Or not, it's entirely up to you.

Ancient Egyptian Medicine, by John F. Nunn
"Case 8 in the Edwin Smith papyrus describes an extensive skull fracture with an intact scalp. Gloss D clearly describes the entry of an entirely extraneous malign influence from outside the body:
'As for something entering from outside, it means the breath of an outside god or death.'"
I am such a geek. And, uh, I'm tired (long day, TheBon and I battled Procion). So that's it. I'll try harder tomorrow. I promise.

Labels:


Click
& Quack
Recent Posts
  • Subscribe with Bloglines
  • Knit-A-Longs:
    • blogroll:
      random pix
      • www.flickr.com
        This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from fyberduck. Make your own badge here.
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

    I'm a recent graduate of the University of Oregon, a Peace Corps nominee, and trying to knit, spin, and craft up my stash before I get sent off to a foreign country for 2 years.

    Comments:
    some 'props to: