Tuesday, January 30, 2007

banana silk

Tender-handed stroke a nettle,
And it stings you for your pains;
Grasp it like a man of mettle,
And it soft as silk remains.

Aaron Hill
My order of banana silk arrived today! TheBon and I each ordered 8 oz last week. It's very fluffy, silky, and tangled (like every other type of "silk" I've worked with). But, in the spirit of experimentation (Bon and I have agreed to meet and discuss possibilities before diving into the stuff) I tried carding just a little bit of it:

Isn't it shiny?

In other news, D and I met for the first Corset-A-Long date this afternoon. We both forgot our books (Corsets and Crinolines), and I left one of my corsets at home along with a pattern piece. So clever, I know. Right now we're working on the details of a group order of coutille, boning, and other corsetry bits. And, because we really don't have enough to do (hahaha), we're talking about starting a Cotehardie-A-Long.

This evening I finally got the tickets for my visit down to the Bay Area. In honour of this momentous achievement (seriously, it's taken over 2 weeks of struggle here), I'm putting up another picture of my niece, baby T, quite arguably the cutest baby ever, in the history of bipedals:


I also managed to ship my MYB parcel to varandra today. It's due to arrive in Sweden in 4 - 7 days. Right-O. Since my Tea Time Swap parcel still hasn't arrived, I'm not sure I trust the national mail service right now.

Final note: ouch.

Labels: , ,


Click
& Quack
Recent Posts
  • Subscribe with Bloglines
  • Knit-A-Longs:
    • blogroll:
      random pix
      • www.flickr.com
        This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from fyberduck. Make your own badge here.
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

    I'm a recent graduate of the University of Oregon, a Peace Corps nominee, and trying to knit, spin, and craft up my stash before I get sent off to a foreign country for 2 years.

    Comments:
    some 'props to: