Sunday, May 07, 2006

well, sometimes defaults have their place

I was right. I actually sat thru the 2005 "Pride and Prejudice" with Kiera Knightly. It was bad. Reallyreallyreally bad.

I knew it. But, had to verify my belief.

The sad thing is, the movie COULD have been decent, or even good. The sets and costumes were among the most accurate I've seen out of Hollywood. But, the dialogue! Oh, Heaven help me. Poor Jane. They took her perfect, witty, social commentary and butchered it.

AAAND, they made Darcy soppy.

Can't forgive that.

Also: Bingley was silly, B only had one sister, Jane was sassy, and the Bennetts were in love. It... oh.

Anyway. There's my semi-annual film critique. Make what you will of it.

Click
& Quack
Recent Posts
  • Subscribe with Bloglines
  • Knit-A-Longs:
    • blogroll:
      random pix
      • www.flickr.com
        This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from fyberduck. Make your own badge here.
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

    I'm a recent graduate of the University of Oregon, a Peace Corps nominee, and trying to knit, spin, and craft up my stash before I get sent off to a foreign country for 2 years.

    Comments:
    some 'props to: