Tuesday, May 29, 2007

ignore it, and it'll go away

Well. It's been my tactic for the past two weeks. Until this afternoon, when the Oral Surgeon's office called to confirm my surgery check-in tomorrow at 2:20 pm. "And, please remember not to eat or drink anything for 6 before the surgery."

Bloody hell. Has it been 2 weeks already?

Yes, yes, it has. Blech. I am not looking forward to this. Up until now, I've been the only member of my immediate family who hasn't had any form of surgery. Tomorrow will nix that claim.

Mum & Dad accused me (teasingly) of trying to get out of the surgery by getting sick. On Saturday morning I woke up with a sore throat, drip, and just overall awful feeling. It lasted for a couple of days - several fewer than the rest of the family. But, I attribute this to the fact that I immediately started taking DayQuil and NyQuil (thus getting a full night's sleep) and didn't put off treatment, in general. Lots and lots of garlic.

Anyway. Knitting. I cast on a pair of Jaywalkers, using The Yarn:


And I am really, really, really liking them. Wow. It's so much fun to knit with this yarn! It's so soft and sqooshy and the colours are amazing and vibrant. I definitely recommend it. I want more so badly right now. But, this pair has gotten me back into socks - so I'm already planning what I want to make with my other sock yarns. My next pair will be Hedera, I think, using two of my Lorna's...

Uh oh, Mum needs help with her iPod...

Wish me luck tomorrow! I'm gonna need it.

Labels: ,


Click
& Quack
Recent Posts
  • Subscribe with Bloglines
  • Knit-A-Longs:
    • blogroll:
      random pix
      • www.flickr.com
        This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from fyberduck. Make your own badge here.
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

    I'm a recent graduate of the University of Oregon, a Peace Corps nominee, and trying to knit, spin, and craft up my stash before I get sent off to a foreign country for 2 years.

    Comments:
    some 'props to: