Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Ooooh, shiny and yellow

I've just signed up for this:

And recommend you do the same if you're a spinner. How much fun is this gonna be? It totally explains the very strange urge I got to buy a sunflower-yellow shirt at the Nordstorm Rack this afternoon. I didn't, but now I know my urge to wear yellow is completely natural ;D

Here're the 'rules' ('cept they're not):
  • Sign up at The Tour de Fleece(on Craftster) or at Star's blog.
  • Spin every day the Tour rides, if possible. Saturday July 7th through Sunday July 29th. Days of rest: Monday, July 16th, Tuesday July 24th. (Just like the actual tour)
  • Spin something challenging Wednesday July 25th. (The last hard climbing mountain stage in the Pyrenees - Col d’Aubisque)
  • Take a button if you want one. Then we can use the button on our blogs in show of solidarity. Take it from here or grab a clean one from the flickr pool.
  • Wear yellow on Sunday July 29th to announce victory. Why not wear yellow on any day you feel particularly successful? (Yellow is the color of the race leader in the Tour - but here we are all 'race leaders')
  • Other colors if desired: Green (sprinter - think FAST), Polka-dot (climber - as in uphill), and white (rookie)
Hopefully my Journey wheel will have arrived by then (fingers crossed). I'm getting (just a bit) worried, since I haven't heard from Sheila in awhile. But... I don't want to bother them over something trivial, when they're fixing it up for me because they're nice.

Other news? Tammy got the yarn (and stitch markers) I sent and Penny knows I love my ducks, even if I'm afraid to upload a picture any larger than a button on the free Wi-Fi (seriously, it took, like, 2 mins for the button).

Erm. Lemme see. Today was spent doing something completely materialistic consumeristic and ... oh, alright. I went clothing shopping. I needed something to wear over my little black dress, for TheBon's wedding on Sat. I found a little black lacy sweater at Ann Taylor Loft. Don't worry, the little black ensemble is completely decent, I would never wear anything inappropriate to a wedding. It's an evening event, so I get to wear semi-formal clothing.

The next hurdle to cross in my wedding preparations is getting the little black ensemble to Eugene. Dad was going to drive me down (he had* business in Eugene), but now I might be on the train. And, then, of course there's the question of transporting the drum carder for Sheep-to-Shawl on Friday.

This'll be interesting. What's the weight limit on Amtrak?

*Note the use of the use of the perfect tense. I.e. he no longer has business in Eugene. Oy.

Click
& Quack
Recent Posts
  • Subscribe with Bloglines
  • Knit-A-Longs:
    • blogroll:
      random pix
      • www.flickr.com
        This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from fyberduck. Make your own badge here.
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

    I'm a recent graduate of the University of Oregon, a Peace Corps nominee, and trying to knit, spin, and craft up my stash before I get sent off to a foreign country for 2 years.

    Comments:
    some 'props to: