Tuesday, November 14, 2006

what was I under the influence of?

“Good taste is the first refuge of the non-creative. It is the last ditch stand of the artist.” ~ Marshall McLuhan (1911-1980)
I just deleted the last post, cuz it sucked (let's be honest) and... well, yeah. There has to be some standard, albeit however low.

Anyway. Short update:
  • the SKB is coming along
  • the Dalebarn Sweater of Doom is actually not killing me slowly the way I was certain it would. In fact (and this scares me slightly) I keep picking it up because I want to knit it. Someone save me.
  • I am working on the thumb of the second Dulaan mitten. The mittens do not quite match, but I really don't care. It'd probably take a knitter to notice, and/ or care. Also, I do not feel like frogging the hand again to make them match
  • I recast on the lace border of Mum's shawl twice tonight. I finally succeeded, decided that it was enough of that for now, and put it away.
  • I haven't looked at my socks in longer than I care to admit. I promise I'll work on one of the pairs as soon as I FINISH something.
  • I also have not looked at Shawn's fleece for a week. I plan on remedying this later today.
  • Don't even ask about my other spinning or sewing projects. They do not exist in this dimension - the sidebar is lying to you.
  • I have to find my immunization record and get it signed. Joy.
  • Emmos is very disappointed with her Owl Swap package, and I don't know what to do :(
  • And, I have signed up for the Magic Ball Swap (round 2) (and I can't get the link to it, sorry) because I reallyreally wanted to. I blame Crimson, and you should too.
And, finally, here are two very cool links for your amusement:
I have to admit I am perplexed by how Wiki got such a detailed collection of pages on knitting - including both Continental and English methods. And Gauge. I guess knit-geeks are everywhere.

Click
& Quack
Recent Posts
  • Subscribe with Bloglines
  • Knit-A-Longs:
    • blogroll:
      random pix
      • www.flickr.com
        This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from fyberduck. Make your own badge here.
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

    I'm a recent graduate of the University of Oregon, a Peace Corps nominee, and trying to knit, spin, and craft up my stash before I get sent off to a foreign country for 2 years.

    Comments:
    some 'props to: