Thursday, November 16, 2006

pisco sour?

“No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself, or to get all the credit for doing it”
Andrew Carnegie (1835-1919)
I finally found the script I needed to put up my lengthy blogroll in a tidy amount of space. Without having to enter each blog, title, and link into a drop-down menu. That would have been a recipe for either madness or run-o-the-mill disaster. Thus, I am madly in love with this site:


Cuz, you know, I don't write CSS. I can't. And I don't want to. Bless their hearts. Also, a warning to whatever thing on this blog that is linked to urbanspinner.com: I am onto you and your html-dragging ways. I shall find thee and smite your coding. I just really, really, wish I didn't have to.

And, let's get onto the knitting before you think I've been kidnapped by aliens and am being (badly) impersonated by a computer geek.

Okey dokey. I'm 2/3 through with L's birthday surprise. It's soft and sqooshy. That's all the hint she gets. I'm also trying desperately to figure out what to make for Opus for her birthday (2 days after mine! eep).

I have 7 more rows before I start the purl ridges and folded hem on my right sleeve of the SKB. Can you tell that I desperately needed a break from knitting that sleeve? (the fact that I willing came online and played with code for half an hour speaks for itself.) I am intent on finishing the sleeve tonight. If I must beat it into submission, so be it. (can we tell that I'm still a bit tightly wound, by my excessive use of italics and bold font?)

Anyway. Tonight was homework club. I definitely get extra points for not scolding any of the dear children once or running off screaming into the night. To say the least, the troupe was a bit difficult tonight. By the time Emmos and I left, I had a headache and my back was so knotted up I couldn't believe it. I rarely get stressed enough to actually tense up.

Luckily, Emmos and I had planned on going to tonight's EWES meeting. At Fox Hollow Farm. And, even luckier, Rolly (owner and former PC volunteer) served us alcohol. I'll love her forever for that (I even forgive her for the Peruvian dessert she served). She also provided us with a slideshow of her recent trip to Peru. It was quite cool. We were all much more interested in the pix of alpacas, spinning, and weaving than silly Colonial buildings and Incan citadels. (well, not really, but the alpacas rocked)

Emmos and I had stopped to buy some sort of treat (I thought it was a potluck, my mistake) and bought some pumpkin chocolate chip cookies (which was another mistake, and mine).

So, yeah. I'm sorry for such a lame post, but this is all there is. I spent most of the day trying to clean (not successful), tutor children (dubious success), and destress after tutoring said children (still working on that). Not much to report. But, now that I have the blogroll up and running (sorry, sorry, bad pun) you can go and read a much more interesting blog...

Click
& Quack
Recent Posts
  • Subscribe with Bloglines
  • Knit-A-Longs:
    • blogroll:
      random pix
      • www.flickr.com
        This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from fyberduck. Make your own badge here.
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

    I'm a recent graduate of the University of Oregon, a Peace Corps nominee, and trying to knit, spin, and craft up my stash before I get sent off to a foreign country for 2 years.

    Comments:
    some 'props to: