Wednesday, November 08, 2006

mmmm... lanolin

“To create man was a quaint and original idea, but to add the sheep was tautology”
Mark Twain
To which I must then include:
tau‧tol‧o‧gy  /tɔˈtɒlədʒi/[taw-tol-uh-jee]
–noun, plural -gies.
  1. needless repetition of an idea, esp. in words other than those of the immediate context, without imparting additional force or clearness, as in “widow woman.”
  2. an instance of such repetition.
Hmm. Not sure if I agree or not. It hardly matters, either way. In any case, I was too sleepy tonight to manage anything constuctive. So, I decided to do something deconstructive. I had been planning for a long while (ever since I first donned it, actually) to rip out this and try again.

While we watched Evolution for the fifty-somethingith time, I disassembled the cardigan...


and ripped out as much of it as I could. I finally lost the feeling in my fingers and just didn't care anymore, so I left the sleeves whole. I'll rip 'em later...


once I get the energy again. Or, once I figure out what the h3ll I was thinking when I cast that thing on. Seriously. Someone as busty as I should not, ever!, knit bulky handspun sweaters. But, I'm stuck with the wool - for better or worse - and need to use it correctly. Or something. Ideas are always appreciated. The yarn still has enough lanolin in it that my hands were very soft (if numb) by the end of tonight's frogging.

I have to wash the yarn. It occurs to me that it might be better to just wait until the yarn is in sweater form again. Just a thought. It also occured to me that rewinding the yarn into skeins and washing them and rewinding them into balls sounded boring to the extreme.

So, there's that. My big thing for the evening.

In other knitting news, I'm 1/3 through L's b-day surprise and a little over 1/3 through the second Dulaan mitten. I managed to knit two rows on the SKB's right sleeve at some point today.

In personal news, Homework Club went well. I wasn't even tempted to strangle any of the children at all. It helped that there were only two teenagers present, and they're always well-behaved anyway. 'Twas good.

And I'm not shirking, I swear. I SHALL cast on the baby Dalebarn sweater. As soon as the yarn and pattern resurface. I'm going to have to wade into my stash, which isn't fun. It's downright terrifying and I prefer to avoid such adventures altogether.

Now it is time for me to lay in a horizontal position and wait for Morpheus to visit.

Click
& Quack
Recent Posts
  • Subscribe with Bloglines
  • Knit-A-Longs:
    • blogroll:
      random pix
      • www.flickr.com
        This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from fyberduck. Make your own badge here.
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

    I'm a recent graduate of the University of Oregon, a Peace Corps nominee, and trying to knit, spin, and craft up my stash before I get sent off to a foreign country for 2 years.

    Comments:
    some 'props to: