Friday, November 10, 2006

Hibernation

hi‧ber‧nate  /ˈhɪbərˌneɪt/ [hi-ber-neyt]
–verb (used without object), -nat‧ed, -nat‧ing.
  1. Zoology. to spend the winter in close quarters in a dormant condition, as bears and certain other animals. Compare estivate.
  2. to withdraw or be in seclusion; retire.
  3. to winter in a place with a milder climate: Each winter finds us hibernating in Florida.
[Origin: 1795–1805; -> Latin, hībernātus (ptp. of hībernāre to spend the winter).]
Is it so wrong that all I want to do these days is curl up around my various fleeces and yarn, sleeping until Persephone returns to the world of the living?

Even I say "yes" to that.

Clearly this new anti-depressant is NOT working. Both of the 'rents have commented on it. I barely speak aloud anymore. It takes too much coordination. Strangely enough, typing doesn't bother me. It's just talking that exhausts me (I'm also fine with listening and nodding). I think I need to change back to what worked, and damn the cost. At least it worked.

I spent close to four hours working on D's Dalebarn cardi today. Knitting with two colours at a time did exhaust me, but I kept on trucking. I will not let this project defeat me. So, by 10:30 pm tonight, I had achieved this much:


The picture doesn't show much, other than I'm onto my fourth colour and how the Norwegian thimble works. My big complaint with this pattern is the hem. It's ruffly. I omitted the eyelets (they call this 'unisex'?) just because. But, still. It has a tendency to ruffle.

I do not approve, and worry about what my sister will say. Oy. I think I'm just going to have to crochet tightly around the cast-on edge and pray for the best. I have already invested over eight hours of work on this, and have over an inch to show for it - I am NOT frogging this. Never.

I want to work on something with only one colour for the rest of the weekend. I need to finish my SKB, anyway.

Click
& Quack
Recent Posts
  • Subscribe with Bloglines
  • Knit-A-Longs:
    • blogroll:
      random pix
      • www.flickr.com
        This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from fyberduck. Make your own badge here.
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

    I'm a recent graduate of the University of Oregon, a Peace Corps nominee, and trying to knit, spin, and craft up my stash before I get sent off to a foreign country for 2 years.

    Comments:
    some 'props to: