Tuesday, May 09, 2006

seeing red

My 400th post. And for what?

The Genocide Awareness Project. How dare they? I'm a Jew, and I grew up in DC around refugees from Rwanda, Ethiopia, and Cambodia. Not to mention I knew Holocaust survivors. Any way you look at it, abortion can't be genocide, as:
gen·o·cide (jn-sd)
n.
The systematic and planned extermination of an entire national, racial, political, or ethnic group.
As far as I know (and do correct me if I'm wrong), most abortions in the US are singular and random in nature (i.e. we don't do mass, forced abortions). Unless you look at China, which none of the Pro-Lifers EVER mention. Hypocrites.

And, wow!, they've got some brass ones for coming to my Uni! We make most liberals look moderate. I wouldn't be surprised if there are riots. Hell, don't be surprised if I get arrested in said riots. Maybe I should arrange bail with my parents in advance.

Click
& Quack
Recent Posts
  • Subscribe with Bloglines
  • Knit-A-Longs:
    • blogroll:
      random pix
      • www.flickr.com
        This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from fyberduck. Make your own badge here.
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

    I'm a recent graduate of the University of Oregon, a Peace Corps nominee, and trying to knit, spin, and craft up my stash before I get sent off to a foreign country for 2 years.

    Comments:
    some 'props to: