Thursday, May 11, 2006

One skein thingy

Ooooh, got my questionnaire today...
> 1.Which yarn is most like your personality (you can be specific or general with your answer- brand, type, color, fiber, whatever)?
I have no idea. Normally, I'd say something handspun. But, I love soft, silky, and furry yarns. Oh, bumpy is good too :D

> 2.What is your favorite color yarn to knit/crochet with?
Pink! or blues

> 3.Have you ever used variegated, or magic, yarns?
All the time

> 4.Do you tend to favor certain fibers when choosing yarns?
Merino, silk, alpaca, rayon, linen. Soy silk is fabulous. Anything soft!

> 5.Do you prefer to work with center-pull or traditionally wound balls of yarn?
Center pull, unless it's a slippery cotton/ramie mix (tricky yarn!)

> 6.Have you ever worked with organic yarns or are you interested in trying them?
Yep, love 'em. Make 'em too :D

> 7.How many and what projects have you made in the last year?
I have no idea. I average a project a week or two. Everything from preemie caps to adult sweaters, hats, etc.

> 8.Will you be knitting any gifts this year?
Yes. Mostly for family - sweaters, caps, etc.

> 9.What is your favorite one skein project?
I'm so unoriginal - caps or scarves

> 10.How much yarn do you have in your stash and how do you store it?
Too much to ever measure. I store it all in stack-able plastic bins, shelves, etc. I'm an addict.

> 11.Do you have a yarn in your stash that you love so much you can never use it or part with it?
Mostly my handspun yarns. Tho, I keep ripping out projects with alpaca, because they're never "good enough" for the yarn.

> 12.Do you knit less or differently in the summer?
Not really. I'm ADD and *have* to keep my hands busy - I just switch to summer projects like tank tops, etc.

> 13.Do you belong to any knitting groups (online or offline)?
More than I could recall. I'm co-pres of my student knitting club.
Well, I think that's everything.

Click
& Quack
Recent Posts
  • Subscribe with Bloglines
  • Knit-A-Longs:
    • blogroll:
      random pix
      • www.flickr.com
        This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from fyberduck. Make your own badge here.
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

    I'm a recent graduate of the University of Oregon, a Peace Corps nominee, and trying to knit, spin, and craft up my stash before I get sent off to a foreign country for 2 years.

    Comments:
    some 'props to: