Thursday, March 09, 2006

I need to whine right now

Feeeeeel my frustration. I just had this conversation with my sister on IM:
me: mwahaha, I caught you
me: (sorta)
my sister: hey there!
me: I want to know if the baby has a sex yet
me: hiii!!!
my sister: well, the baby does
me: Dad wants to talk to you at some point, I think
my sister: but we aren't going to find out
my sister: ok
me: no???
my sister: i've been meaning to call...
me: ohman
my sister: yeah. we want it to be a surprise
me: how can you not want to know??
my sister: i know, very old fashioned
my sister: oh I DO want to know
me: I'm, like, dying of curiousity here
my sister: but i'm trying to be strong
me: (snickering)
my sister: we'll see how long that last
me: so, two months from now you might give into the urge?
me: okay, I can try for that
my sister: yes, i might
me: (sigh)
I want to know. (whining) I mean, I'm not going to make little pink booties if it's a girl, but I'm one of those people who has the worst sense of curiosity. I finally have a baby something on the way, and I still have to wait 6 months to find out if it's a niece or nephew.

Ohwell. I know it's not the end of the world, but it'd be soooo cool to find out. I guess I'll have to figure out something suitably neutral for the baby. The Sibling Sweater Set is nearly ready to be cast on (Lord help me!!!), and I was gonna make them both blankies. But... ohwell. I'll endure.

Click
& Quack
Recent Posts
  • Subscribe with Bloglines
  • Knit-A-Longs:
    • blogroll:
      random pix
      • www.flickr.com
        This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from fyberduck. Make your own badge here.
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

    I'm a recent graduate of the University of Oregon, a Peace Corps nominee, and trying to knit, spin, and craft up my stash before I get sent off to a foreign country for 2 years.

    Comments:
    some 'props to: